The Hourly View for Wal-Mart
- At the moment, WMT’s price is down $-1.27 (-0.99%) from the hour prior.
- It’s been a feast for bears operating on an hourly timeframe, as Wal-Mart has now gone down 4 of the past 5 hours.
- If you’re a trend trader, consider that the strongest clear trend on the hourly chart exists on the 50 hour timeframe.
- Of note is that the 200 hour changed directions on WMT; it is now pointing down. The moving averages on the hourly timeframe suggest a choppiness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a mixed alignment — meaning the trend across timeframes is inconsistent, indicating a potential opportunity for rangebound traders.
Wal-Mart’s hourly price chart is shown below.
The Daily View for Wal-Mart
- At the moment, WMT’s price is down $-3.09 (-2.37%) from the day prior.
- This is the 2nd day in a row Wal-Mart has seen its price head down.
- As for the trend on the daily timeframe, we see the clearest trend on the 50 day timeframe.
- Most noteworthy in the world of moving averages on the daily chart is that the 20 day moving average has been crossed, so that price is now turning below it. The moving averages on the daily timeframe suggest a choppiness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a mixed alignment — meaning the trend across timeframes is inconsistent, indicating a potential opportunity for rangebound traders.
- Divergence between WMT’s price and its RSI may be manifesting. As such, be on the lookout for trend reversal in WMT’s price.
Below is a daily price chart of Wal-Mart.
Featured Wal-Mart Commentary From Twitter
Those mixed signals – again (!) what mixed signals? The rich are unaffected and the poor are getting even more stuffed – just wait till the Fed asks the disenfranchised WMT customer to bail out the Tiffany buyer once again…NA