The Hourly View for Exxon Mobil
- At the time of this writing, XOM’s price is down $-0.27 (-0.28%) from the hour prior.
- This is a reversal of the price action on the previous hour, in which price moved up.
- As for the trend on the hourly timeframe, we see the clearest trend on the 100 hour timeframe.
- Of note is that the 20 hour changed directions on XOM; it is now pointing down. The moving averages on the hourly timeframe suggest a choppiness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a mixed alignment — meaning the trend across timeframes is inconsistent, indicating a potential opportunity for rangebound traders.
Exxon Mobil’s hourly price chart is shown below.
The Daily View for Exxon Mobil
- Currently, XOM’s price is up $2.08 (2.17%) from the day prior.
- This is a reversal of the price action on the previous day, in which price moved down.
- If you’re a trend trader, consider that the strongest clear trend on the daily chart exists on the 100 day timeframe.
- Regarding moving averages, it should first be noted that price has crossed the 20 day moving average, resulting in them so that price is now turning above it. The moving averages on the daily timeframe suggest a bullishness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a bullish alignment — meaning the shorter durations are above the longer duration averages, implying a sound upward trend.
- Divergence between XOM’s price and its RSI may be manifesting. As such, be on the lookout for trend reversal in XOM’s price.
Below is a daily price chart of Exxon Mobil.
Latest News Discussing XOM
- Should You Invest in the Fidelity MSCI Energy Index ETF (FENY)? – Zacks Equity Research
June 14, 2022
Sector ETF report for FENY
- If You Invested $1,000 In Exxon Mobil When Joe Biden Was Elected President, Here’s How Much You’d Have Now – Chris Katje
June 13, 2022
The 2020 Presidential Election featured President Donald Trump running against Joe Biden. Investors and analysts pointed to several sectors that could benefit from each respective president winning the election. One sector that wasn’t seen as a li…
- Bull of the Day: Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD) – Benjamin Rains
June 13, 2022
Enterprise Products Partners stands to benefit as oil and energy prices continue to climb and EPD’s dividend yield should help investors try to keep pace with 40-year high inflation.