The Hourly View for Platinum
- Currently, XPTUSD’s price is down $-6.01 (-0.49%) from the hour prior.
- This move is a reversal from the hour prior, which saw price move up.
- Regarding the trend, note that the strongest trend exists on the 100 hour timeframe.
- Most noteworthy in the world of moving averages on the hourly chart is that the 20 and 200 hour moving averages have been crossed, with price now being below them. The moving averages on the hourly timeframe suggest a choppiness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a mixed alignment — meaning the trend across timeframes is inconsistent, indicating a potential opportunity for rangebound traders.
Platinum’s hourly price chart is shown below.
The Daily View for Platinum
- At the moment, XPTUSD’s price is down $-15.46 (-1.25%) from the day prior.
- This move is a reversal from the day prior, which saw price move up.
- Regarding the trend, note that the strongest trend exists on the 50 day timeframe.
- Of note is that the 20 and 50 day changed directions on XPTUSD; they are now pointing down. The moving averages on the daily timeframe suggest a bullishness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a bullish alignment — meaning the shorter durations are above the longer duration averages, implying a sound upward trend.
Below is a daily price chart of Platinum.
Featured Platinum Idea From TradingView
Below is a trading comment entitled Gold Down Over Interest you may find interesting:
Gold Down Over Interest Rates Hike Concern, Strengthening DollarGold was down on Wednesday morning in Asia as investors digested U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen’s comments about the possibility of interest rate hikes.Gold futures were down 0.60% to $1,781.10 by 12:36 AM ET (4:36 AM GMT). The U.S. Dollar Index, which usually moves inversely to gold, was up on Wednesday.Yellen on Tuesday said that interest rate hikes might be needed to stop the economy overheating due to U.S. President Joe Biden’s spending plans. She clarified later in the day, however, that she saw no signs of inflation and was not predicting the U.S. Federal Reserve’s mov…