The Hourly View for NIKKEI 225
- At the moment, NKY’s price is up 60.01 (0.22%) from the hour prior.
- This is a reversal of the price action on the previous hour, in which price moved down.
- If you’re a trend trader, consider that the strongest clear trend on the hourly chart exists on the 100 hour timeframe.
- Regarding moving averages, it should first be noted that price has crossed the 20 and 50 hour moving averages, resulting in them so that price is now turning above them. The moving averages on the hourly timeframe suggest a bearishness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a bearish alignment — meaning the shorter duration moving averages are below the longer duration averages, implying a stable downward trend.
NIKKEI 225’s hourly price chart is shown below.
The Daily View for NIKKEI 225
- At the time of this writing, NKY’s price is down -57.75 (-0.21%) from the day prior.
- This is the 2nd day in a row NIKKEI 225 has seen its price head down.
- If you’re a trend trader, consider that the strongest clear trend on the daily chart exists on the 50 day timeframe.
- Price action traders may also wish to note that we see a pin bar candlestick pattern on NIKKEI 225. Given that we see downtrend on the 20 daily candle timeframe, and that such candlestick patterns often denote reversals, this may be worth noting.
- The moving averages on the daily timeframe suggest a choppiness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a mixed alignment — meaning the trend across timeframes is inconsistent, indicating a potential opportunity for rangebound traders.
- Divergence between NKY’s price and its RSI may be manifesting. As such, be on the lookout for trend reversal in NKY’s price.
Below is a daily price chart of NIKKEI 225.