NIFTY 50 (NIFTY) Fares the Worst Out of 8 major Global Equity Indices; Down 3.43%

NIFTY 50 Daily Price Recap

NIFTY 50 is down 3.43% ($313.6) since yesterday, marking the 3rd day in a row a decrease has occurred. On a relative basis, NIFTY 50 was the worst performer out of all 8 of the assets in the 8 major global equity indices asset class today. Here is a daily price chart of NIFTY 50.

NIFTY 50 Technical Analysis

The clearest trend exists on the 90 day timeframe, which shows price moving down over that time. It should be noted, though, that a trend in the opposite direction, going up, exists on the 30 day timeframe. If you’re looking to trade the primary trend, this may be a good opportunity to sell rallies created by the counter trend. For additional context, note that price has gone down 7 out of the past 10 days.

Overheard on Twitter

For laughs, fights, or genuinely useful information, let’s see what the most popular tweets pertaining to NIFTY 50 for the past day were:

  • From NRaghothama:

    @PRSundar64 @elearnmarkets Mr.Sundar, I’m a retired person n investing in shares of nifty 50 for long term. Just now in YouTube I’ve seen that u have donated 50L to PM care n 25L to CM care n 10L to NGOs thru charity webinar. Hats off to you. God bless you n all your family members.

  • From IndiaEtfs:

    @PrasadvVenkate1 What you asked about was niftybees/index fundThis Nifty TRI is an index which includes dividends from nifty 50 cos.
    e.g., if n50 returns 10% in an year, the dividends from n50 cos will be 1%; total 11%.Nifty bees or any n50 index fund will give you this 11% (- expense)

  • From FundamentalGems:

    In last 2 years Nifty went up due to handful of 20-30 stocksIn next 1 year Nifty likely to go down due to handful of 15-20 stocks mainly belonging to Overvalued Banking & FinancialsWeightage of Banking and Financials is very high in Nifty 50Broader Markets likely to do well