The Hourly View for Microsoft
- Currently, MSFT’s price is down $0.01 (0%) from the hour prior.
- This is a reversal of the price action on the previous hour, in which price moved up.
- If you’re a trend trader, consider that the strongest clear trend on the hourly chart exists on the 100 hour timeframe.
- The moving averages on the hourly timeframe suggest a choppiness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a mixed alignment — meaning the trend across timeframes is inconsistent, indicating a potential opportunity for rangebound traders.
Microsoft’s hourly price chart is shown below.
The Daily View for Microsoft
- At the time of this writing, MSFT’s price is up $1.54 (0.53%) from the day prior.
- This move is a reversal from the day prior, which saw price move down.
- Regarding the trend, note that the strongest trend exists on the 100 day timeframe.
- Price action traders may also wish to note that we see a pin bar candlestick pattern on Microsoft. Given that we see an uptrend on the 10 daily candle timeframe, and that such candlestick patterns often denote reversals, this may be worth noting.
- Regarding moving averages, it should first be noted that price has crossed the 20 day moving average, resulting in them so that price is now turning above it. The moving averages on the daily timeframe suggest a choppiness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a mixed alignment — meaning the trend across timeframes is inconsistent, indicating a potential opportunity for rangebound traders.
Below is a daily price chart of Microsoft.
Featured Microsoft Commentary From Twitter
R1000G (bm for most growth mgrs):
1/ AAPL 10.4%
2/ MSFT 10.3%
3/ AMZN 6.6%
4/ GOOGL 6.5%
5/ FB 3.6%
6/ $TSLA 2.9%
S&P 500 (bm for core mgrs, few own TSLA due to valuation):
1/ AAPL 6.0%
2/ MSFT 5.9%
3/ GOOGL 4.3%
4/ AMZN 3.8%
5/ FB 2.1%
6/ TSLA 1.8%NA