The Daily View for Gold
- At the time of this writing, XAUUSD’s price is down $-9.7 (-0.55%) from the day prior.
- This is a reversal of the price action on the previous day, in which price moved up.
- As for the trend on the daily timeframe, we see the clearest trend on the 100 day timeframe.
- Most noteworthy in the world of moving averages on the daily chart is that the 20 day moving average has been crossed, so that price is now turning below it. The moving averages on the daily timeframe suggest a choppiness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a mixed alignment — meaning the trend across timeframes is inconsistent, indicating a potential opportunity for rangebound traders.
- Divergence between XAUUSD’s price and its RSI may be manifesting. As such, be on the lookout for trend reversal in XAUUSD’s price.
Below is a daily price chart of Gold.
Featured Gold Idea From TradingView
Below is a trading comment entitled Technical analysis update: XAUUSD (5th October 2021) you may find interesting:
XAUUSD currently trades above its short-term support near 1750 USD. It experienced several fake breakouts below this level, however, price retraced back above support each time. We think inability of gold to slump lower while having bearish technicals suggest that we are close to the bottom. We continue to maintain notion that gold will remain stuck between 1750 USD and 1840 USD for indefinite amount of time with occasional breakouts below and above this price zone. Overall we remain bullish on gold in long run and we expect eventual breakout above 1840 USD followed by resumption of uptrend. Technical analysis RSI has bullish structure but it is reversing at the moment and becoming neutral. MACD is in the bearish area and it strives to reverse into bullish direction. We will observe it closely for next two weeks and we will look for crossover into bullish zone. This would …