The Hourly View for Cotton
- At the time of this writing, CT1’s price is down $-0.27 (-0.32%) from the hour prior.
- This move is a reversal from the hour prior, which saw price move up.
- As for the trend on the hourly timeframe, we see the clearest trend on the 20 hour timeframe.
- Price action traders may also wish to note that we see a doji candlestick pattern on Cotton. Given that we see an uptrend on the 20 hourly candle timeframe, and that such candlestick patterns often denote reversals, this may be worth noting.
- Regarding moving averages, it should first be noted that price has crossed the 50 hour moving average, resulting in them with price now being below it. The moving averages on the hourly timeframe suggest a bearishness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a bearish alignment — meaning the shorter duration moving averages are below the longer duration averages, implying a stable downward trend.
Cotton’s hourly price chart is shown below.
The Daily View for Cotton
- At the time of this writing, CT1’s price is down $-0.33 (-0.39%) from the day prior.
- This is a reversal of the price action on the previous day, in which price moved up.
- From a daily perspective, the market looks fairly choppy; clear trends aren’t showing up on the 20, 50 and 100 day timeframes.
- Most noteworthy in the world of moving averages on the daily chart is that the 20 day moving average has been crossed, so that price is now turning below it. The moving averages on the daily timeframe suggest a choppiness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a mixed alignment — meaning the trend across timeframes is inconsistent, indicating a potential opportunity for rangebound traders.
Below is a daily price chart of Cotton.