The Hourly View for Gold
- Currently, XAUUSD’s price is down $-0.58 (-0.03%) from the hour prior.
- The hourly chart shows that Gold has seen 2 straight down hours.
- If you’re a trend trader, consider that the strongest clear trend on the hourly chart exists on the 100 hour timeframe.
- Price action traders may also wish to note that we see a pin bar candlestick pattern on Gold. Given that we see downtrend on the 20 hourly candle timeframe, and that such candlestick patterns often denote reversals, this may be worth noting.
- The moving averages on the hourly timeframe suggest a choppiness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a mixed alignment — meaning the trend across timeframes is inconsistent, indicating a potential opportunity for rangebound traders.
Gold’s hourly price chart is shown below.
The Daily View for Gold
- At the moment, XAUUSD’s price is down $-37.37 (-1.96%) from the day prior.
- This is a reversal of the price action on the previous day, in which price moved up.
- As for the trend on the daily timeframe, we see the clearest trend on the 20 day timeframe.
- The moving averages on the daily timeframe suggest a choppiness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a mixed alignment — meaning the trend across timeframes is inconsistent, indicating a potential opportunity for rangebound traders.
Below is a daily price chart of Gold.
Featured Gold Idea From TradingView
Below is a trading comment entitled GOLD seeing sell pressure due to jobs reports you may find interesting:
we are seeing weakness in gold after the job reports today that shows the US initial jobless claims was 385k instead of an expected 390k meaning that we will see possible strength in the USD. we was looking…