The Hourly View for Exxon Mobil
- Currently, XOM’s price is down $0 (0%) from the hour prior.
- This move is a reversal from the hour prior, which saw price move up.
- Regarding the trend, note that the strongest trend exists on the 20 hour timeframe.
- Price action traders may also wish to note that we see a pin bar candlestick pattern on Exxon Mobil. Given that we see an uptrend on the 20 and 10 hourly candle timeframe, and that such candlestick patterns often denote reversals, this may be worth noting.
- The moving averages on the hourly timeframe suggest a choppiness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a mixed alignment — meaning the trend across timeframes is inconsistent, indicating a potential opportunity for rangebound traders.
Exxon Mobil’s hourly price chart is shown below.
The Daily View for Exxon Mobil
- At the moment, XOM’s price is up $1.44 (2.67%) from the day prior.
- This is a reversal of the price action on the previous day, in which price moved down.
- Regarding the trend, note that the strongest trend exists on the 50 day timeframe.
- Most noteworthy in the world of moving averages on the daily chart is that the 20 and 200 day moving averages have been crossed, so that price is now turning above them. The moving averages on the daily timeframe suggest a choppiness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a mixed alignment — meaning the trend across timeframes is inconsistent, indicating a potential opportunity for rangebound traders.
Below is a daily price chart of Exxon Mobil.
Latest News Discussing XOM
- How ExxonMobil (XOM) Stock Stands Out in a Strong Industry – Zacks Equity Research
September 13, 2021
ExxonMobil (XOM) has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past month, and belongs to a strong industry as well.