The Hourly View for Exxon Mobil
- Currently, XOM’s price is up $0.26 (0.44%) from the hour prior.
- The hourly chart shows that Exxon Mobil has seen 2 straight up hours.
- Regarding the trend, note that the strongest trend exists on the 50 hour timeframe.
- Regarding moving averages, it should first be noted that price has crossed the 20 hour moving average, resulting in them so that price is now turning above it. The moving averages on the hourly timeframe suggest a bullishness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a bullish alignment — meaning the shorter durations are above the longer duration averages, implying a sound upward trend.
Exxon Mobil’s hourly price chart is shown below.
The Daily View for Exxon Mobil
- At the time of this writing, XOM’s price is up $0.06 (0.1%) from the day prior.
- Exxon Mobil has seen its price go up 5 out of the past 5 days, thus creating some compelling opportunities for bulls.
- If you’re a trend trader, consider that the strongest clear trend on the daily chart exists on the 100 day timeframe.
- Price action traders may also wish to note that we see a pin bar candlestick pattern on Exxon Mobil. Given that we see an uptrend on the 20 and 10 daily candle timeframe, and that such candlestick patterns often denote reversals, this may be worth noting.
- The moving averages on the daily timeframe suggest a choppiness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a mixed alignment — meaning the trend across timeframes is inconsistent, indicating a potential opportunity for rangebound traders.
Below is a daily price chart of Exxon Mobil.
Featured Exxon Mobil Commentary From Twitter
Goldman on XOM – “we see net debt rapidly reducing at our above-consensus oil price view even if capital spending will likely need to move to the upper end of the $20-$25 bn range given inflationary forces in a higher energy price regime.” https://t.co/09lmXx0BIG