The Hourly View for Copper
- At the time of this writing, HG1’s price is up $0.01 (0.14%) from the hour prior.
- This move is a reversal from the hour prior, which saw price move down.
- Regarding the trend, note that the strongest trend exists on the 50 hour timeframe.
- Regarding moving averages, it should first be noted that price has crossed the 20 hour moving average, resulting in them so that price is now turning above it. The moving averages on the hourly timeframe suggest a bearishness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a bearish alignment — meaning the shorter duration moving averages are below the longer duration averages, implying a stable downward trend.
Copper’s hourly price chart is shown below.
The Daily View for Copper
- At the moment, HG1’s price is down $-0.08 (-1.88%) from the day prior.
- Copper has seen its price go down 4 out of the past 5 days, thus creating some compelling opportunities for bears.
- If you’re a trend trader, consider that the strongest clear trend on the daily chart exists on the 100 day timeframe.
- Price action traders may also wish to note that we see a pin bar candlestick pattern on Copper. Given that we see downtrend on the 20 and 5 daily candle timeframe, and that such candlestick patterns often denote reversals, this may be worth noting.
- Most noteworthy in the world of moving averages on the daily chart is that the 200 day moving average has been crossed, so that price is now turning below it. The moving averages on the daily timeframe suggest a choppiness in price, as the 20, 50, 100 and 200 are all in a mixed alignment — meaning the trend across timeframes is inconsistent, indicating a potential opportunity for rangebound traders.
- Divergence between HG1’s price and its RSI may be manifesting. As such, be on the lookout for trend reversal in HG1’s price.
Below is a daily price chart of Copper.